Today I’m doing the Would You Rather book tag, thank you to Laura @ The Book Corps for the tag!
- Answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
- Make up your own questions and tag others.
- Sounds easy, right? Well, let’s see…
Would your rather only read physical books for the rest of your life or only audiobooks?
Definitely, 100% multiplied by like one million I would rather read physical books. I am so bad at paying attention to audiobooks. I recently tried again to listen to one, and I just can’t do it? My mind just wanders so much and suddenly it’s three chapters later and I have no idea what’s going on. So yes, definitely physical books for me!
Would you rather know all the spoilers before you start a book or never read the last chapter?
SPOILERS PLEASE! I am much worse at doing this with TV shows, but I’ll often google to find out what’s going to happen, particularly for shows that are stressing me out because once I know what’s going to happen I can feel less anxious about it. I don’t do this as much with books, but I would definitely much rather just know all the spoilers than never read the last chapter.
Would you rather be stuck on a very long train/plane ride with a book you hate or no book at all?
As someone who is from the UK and lives in Australia, I have been subjected to many horrifically long plane journeys and I need all the distraction I can get from how uncomfortable plane seats are so yes please, I’ll take a book I hate, how could I get through a 24 hour plane trip without a book?!
Would you rather read a book with a really bad ending or a book where your favourite character is killed off?
Oooh I am such trash for Tragedy so I think I’d take my favourite character being killed off…. I feel so mean. But a bad ending, for me, can often ruin the whole reading experience because the feeling you have at the ending is often the overriding emotion I remember when looking back to review a book and so I feel more negatively about books with bad endings than books with bad begininngs. And since I love tragedy so much, I would probably give the book extra points for killing off my favourite character because of how emotional it then made me.
Would you rather love a book everyone hates or hate a book everyone loves?
Love a book everyone hates! I feel like most of us probably already have a book like this, because everyone has different tastes! And so I’m completely okay with loving a hated book (unless it’s something offensive, in which case throw that book in the bin). I also feel very weird about hating books everyone else loves because I want people to like me and they will not like me if I hate on their favourites.
Would you rather read books by your favourite author but they’re all really bad, or read books by an author you hate but they’re all really good?
Read books by my favourite author but they’re all really bad! Most of the authors I would say I hate, I hate because they are awful, horrible racist/homophobic/transphobic people and therefore I do not care how great their book is, I do not want to read it.
Would you rather only ever read contemporary books for the rest of your life or fantasy?
I bet folks are on the edge of their seat for this one, what answer am I possibly going to pick?! Obviously I adore fantasy and I would read fantasy forever and ever and ever. There are so many different worlds to explore!
Would you rather own a signed edition or a first edition?
Signed edition! I have so few signed books because I live in Australia and we rarely get the authors I read over here, so the few books I have that are signed are really special to me.
Would you rather never be able to borrow a book from the library again or never reread your favourite book?
Oh god I think this might be the most difficult question yet… I think I’d rather never borrowing a book from the library again. Which is such an awful decision to make, but I don’t think I could go the rest of my life never reading my favourite book (The Fever King for anyone interested!)
Would you rather spend the day in your favourite fictional world but never meet your favourite character, or spend the day as the villain and try to attack/kill that favourite character?
VILLAIN OMG YES I AM THE VILLAIN. Villains are the most interesting part of a book to me, and much more importantly, also get by far the coolest outfits to wear therefore I would like to be one please. And maybe then when I try attack the favourite character we fall hopelessly in love and then I’m locked in a villain, enemies to lovers romance which is pretty much like the best trope ever!
- Would you rather live with magic in a fantasy world or with very cool technology in a sci-fi world?
- Would you rather only be able to read young adult books or adult books for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather meet the villain of your favourite book or the protagonist of your favourite book?
- And a follow up to that, Would you rather BE the villain in your favourite book or be the protagonist in your favourite book?
- Would you rather always being able to guess the twist, or never being able to guess the twist?
- Would you rather only read books set in the past or only read books set in the future?
- Would you rather only read only during the day, or only after dark?
- Would you rather be able to reread all your current favourite books but never again find a new favourite, or never read any of your current favourites again, but you’re able to find new favourite books?
- Would you rather only read paperbacks or only read hardbacks?
- Would you rather see your favourite book adapted into film or TV (and because rules are made to be broken I’m adding a third option) OR a stage musical adaptation?